This has been a very successful week. And I owe it all to the power of peer pressure.
One of our family goals this year was to get Charlotte potty trained. I started working on it the second Monday in January. After two days of screaming, tantrums, and soiled carpet, I gave up. It was so awful Charlotte was begging me to put a diaper back on her and I obliged. I just kept telling myself I would be okay changing her diapers until she was 12 as long as I didn't have to fight this much again with her.
Well, on Wednesday evening this week, we had a major breakthrough. We had my cousin Shelly's daughter Audrey over to play with Charlotte. Audrey is almost a full year older than Charlotte and is potty trained. When Audrey asked to go to the bathroom, Charlotte followed her in, watched what she did, and then went and got the package of Dora panties I bought for her some time ago and asked to wear them. Then she wanted to try on the potty. After three or four attempts, she figured out exactly what to do once she was on there. "Just like Audrey!" she squealed.
Charlotte has been using the toilet for three days now and she hasn't had an accident in over 24 hours. I even took her to the grocery store for an hour and a half in her new underwear today and she patiently waited to go until we got home. My sweet little girl is growing up and I'm so proud of her I could bust!
5 comments:
Yay for you! We gotta get Chloe to feel that peer pressure...
nice! we talk about it with asher and he has a special potty seat but i'm not putting any pressure on him. i don't want to fight a battle i know i'll lose.
I can't believe she even waited to get home from the grocery store! Having to take two kids into public restrooms alone is possibly the worst part of potty training (minus the first 3 days of course). Congrats!
Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
hooray!
Post a Comment