Hope your Thanksgiving was as happy as ours was here on the Mayflower. We celebrated this year with our cousins the Burrs, Ashley and Michael, our friends the Richardsons, and Shelly's cousin Sabrina and her goddaughter. The company was great and the food was amazing. Have you ever had deep-fried turkey? No? Go out and buy yourself a fryer. (Fortunately, our neighbor has one and offered to fry our turkey up so we didn't have to risk burning our own house down.)
She looks so sweet and innocent, doesn't she? To be continued ...
The view of our trunk as we headed to Shelly's: freshly-baked rolls, green bean casserole, Aunt Linda's famous blueberry jello, cherry cheesecake pie, Nana Laughton's dressing, Oreo Turkeys, and the deep-fried turkey. My mouth is watering all over again ...
Getting ready for the feast. (I don't know what Damon is doing here but I love it.)
Grey and his #1 buddy Uncle Michael.
Charlotte and Audrey
Here is the "to be continued" I referred to above. Five seconds after we sat down to dinner, Charlotte had a massive meltdown about the fact that she didn't have a pink cup. It took ten minutes and a relocation to the adult table to calm her down. Seriously?
So ... I made all these pilgrim hats for the kids on a whim. I saw a tutorial online and thought "Maybe I can sew that." And I did. I think they turned out pretty cute too. Whew hew!
Cutest. Pilgrims. Ever.
The "turkeys" I made from oreos and other candy for the kids.
And of course, what blog post about Thanksgiving would be complete without a view of the dessert bar. Pumpkin cheesecake, Oreo turkeys, cherry cheesecake pie, key lime pie, banana cream dessert, apple pie, blueberry jello, and spice cake with caramel frosting. Yowzah! Eight desserts for ten adults and six kids? I like those odds!

1 comment:
So darling, Ariel. Where did you find the hat tutorial? And everything looks yummy!
Post a Comment