Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thanks and Apologies

Before I post another two hundred or so pictures of Charlotte, I want to take a minute to apologize. Over the last 2 1/2 weeks, I have received about fifty phone calls, emails, cards, and Facebook messages congratulating us on the baby. I have had time and energy to answer about three of them. But I hope many of you see this blog and know that we really appreciate all of the care and support that our friends and family have offered us over the past few weeks as we have struggled to adjust to our new life of dirty diapers, spit-up, and extreme sleep deprivation. I will see you or at least call each of you again one day, dear friends and family, and when I do, I will thank you in person for your kind care and concern. Until then, please be patient with me and forgive my unresponsiveness!

2 comments:

Karen (but sometimes Chris) said...

A new baby monopolizes all your time (but isn't it wonderful?), and then you're moving to a new house in a different part of the country on top of that. I think you have more than enough excuses for being missing in action. We understand, and we still love you dearly. Please give that precious little one a kiss from us. Catch up eventually. . .

Micaela said...

Oh! Congratulations!! She is SO cute! Phil would have said something earlier, but he's gone for a little while and can't check blogs right now. I'll let him know that you had her, though!
-Micaela