Growing up, I used to think about how lucky my mom was that she got not one but two holidays in her honor every year--her birthday and Mother's Day. Now that I'm a mom, I realize that those two days of the year were the only two days out of the year that were ever really about her at all; the other 363 were about her kids. (I feel like this year both my birthday and Mother's Day were about my kids too, and I'm sure my mom had those years as well.) So I just wanted to take a moment today to thank my mom for not griping more about that, and for not putting me up for adoption, selling me, or leaving me on a random doorstep even when I deserved it. And for making me practice the piano. And for teaching me how to apologize. And for helping me understand for myself that Jesus is my Savior. And for not really keeping me grounded for three months like she said she was going to that one time in high school. And for teaching me to love my babies and how to be a good mom to them. Thanks, Mom, today and every day for all you do. I love you. xoxoxoxo
Fourth grade and already looking sassy ...

Mom and Ariel, 5/1976









3 comments:
I am deeply moved and filled with humility by your tribute to me. It is a tribute to mothers everywhere who love their children more than completely. Only a mother can understand the depth of that love. I am so happy for you to know that depth of love in your life as the mother of my grandchildren. I watch you as you play with them and feed them and schedule your life minutes to their welfare. I see your joy and love for them and it makes me feel accomplished and adds even more joy to my already full plate of love. Happy mother's day to you, sweet daughter of mine. I pray that the angels will be in your home to protect and preserve where you cannot. All my love, Mom
The two of you are just way to sappy . . . and I love it! You both are strong, fabulous women. I love you Bybee, and I love your momma too.
What an awesome tribute to your mom Ariel! It is amazing how much we learn about our own moms when we become one. They totally rock!!!
Post a Comment