...three kids in a tub. This past week, I got to try out what it would be like to be a mother of three (if the youngest two were a scant 11 months apart). My cousin Shelly went to San Francisco for an operation (a saga that will have to wait for another post) and we inherited her kids, Damon (almost 4) and Audrey (almost 2) for a few days. Although we had a lot of fun with the kids, I was so exhausted I wanted to die at night. I definitely don't have the stamina for this yet. When I mentioned this to my aunt, she said, "That's why God sends them one at a time."
Bathtime was an adventure. I thought it would be fun to make some bubbles in the tub for the kids but must have put a little too much soap in because before I knew it, they were all slipping all over the place, wacking into each other and crying. Not good. And I got soaked. Still, it was a good feeling to have everyone clean and in their pajamas when it was all over.
Bathtime was an adventure. I thought it would be fun to make some bubbles in the tub for the kids but must have put a little too much soap in because before I knew it, they were all slipping all over the place, wacking into each other and crying. Not good. And I got soaked. Still, it was a good feeling to have everyone clean and in their pajamas when it was all over.
Audrey has lovely hair that was incredibly hard for me to maintain since she doesn't like to get it brushed.
I love this picture of Damon because I think it really shows the enthusiasm with which this little boy approaches everything in life. He made me laugh all of the time. And taught me that you never ask a child what they want for lunch; you just put it in front of them and walk away, or you will inevitably be told that that isn't what they wanted at all.

2 comments:
how did everything go with the surgery and all? hope you guys have fun in NC!
Audrey has changed so much since I saw her last
Post a Comment