Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bar Blues (No Liquor Involved)

No, don't worry, folks, I'm not nine months pregnant and Mormon and actually drinking or anything. I'm just a little blue that Adam is in Texas all week taking the Bar. No matter what he tells me, I can't shake this visual in my head of him staying up all night in his little hotel room, eyes bloodshot, skin pasty like a vampire, pouring over his bar review books while all hopped up on Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew. I hope he's not as miserable as I imagine he is...

On the other hand, I hope that he doesn't realize how nice it is for me to sleep all alone in the middle of our king-size bed with six pillows every night, to have my first dissertation chapter done and do whatever I want now for a while, and to have his mom here in Durham waiting on me hand and foot while he's gone. Okay, so maybe I'm not as miserable as I thought I was a minute ago.

Better hurry home, Honey, before I get too used to life without you! :)

No comments: