This week I can add a new one to this list of this year's wonderful and unbelievable events. It doesn't look like much right now, but above is the sight of the future Laughton Manor. That's right: we're building a house! Adam and I went to Houston this week pretty sure that we would be lining up a rental for this next fall but were ultimately swayed by the great housing prices there and the prospect of only having to move all of our stuff once. (We were also repulsed by the very high rent prices of apartments there--around $1200-1500 for somewhere decent.) We had been looking online all year at a certain house plan and when we walked through the actual model we fell in love. The price was right, the timing was right, and the commute for Adam is just right. And it is going to be the perfect place to raise some little Peanuts!

Oh, and did I mention that the community we are moving into has two world-class golf courses? (We hope this will entice Adam's dad, who doesn't like traveling, to come visit us often!)
9 comments:
congrats!! very exciting indeed. can't wait to hear about it and see pictures of the model when we're in durham next weekend--
Holy cow!! Sure beats our 'exciting move' into a two bedroom! We're excited about your new house, but we'll sure miss having you here!
Wow, you guys are so grown up! Congrats!
How wonderful! Congrats!
1313 Mockingbird Lane is about the coolest address ever...
I am really happy for you both. What a year... Graduation, new job, new city, new house, new baby, new ward, new refrigerator... too many news to count... You are blessed!
congrats! that is awesome! we'll see if we follow suit :) I'll call soon! glad you liked the nursing cover :)
What a big and BEAUTIFUL floor plan. Big wonderful things like to bundle up and come at once!
Awesome floor plan! I can't wait to come visit.
Oooh, I love the "owner's retreat"...
Post a Comment